Baltimore Sailing League
Baltimore Social offers the most exciting and unique social league in Baltimore, SAILING!! That’s right! Board your sailboat each week with your friends and race around the harbor while learning to sail from certified sailing instructors. You need NO previous sailing experience to participate.
Baltimore Social Sailing
Our sailing leagues sell out super fast so make sure you sign up soon!
- 8 People per team.
- Certified instructors for every week.
- 7 week sailing series with a points champion at the end of the season.
- No experience necessary!
How to Sign Up
- Minimum players for a full sailing team is 6. If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
SOLO / FREE AGENT
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Baltimore!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- Early Bird Ends: Friday, May 20th
- All Registration Ends: Tuesday, June 28th (11:59pm) – $10 More the Last Day!
- League Begins: Week of July 11th
How it works: Your team will have will split each week and race two types of Sail boats (4 man & 2 man) So up to 8 people can race each week (4 man races and 2 man races).
What to Wear: Dress in active gear that can get wet and prepare for winding conditions
The Boats: THE DSC provides the boats and each boat will have an instructor to teach what to do! Each week we will have a race and keep standings through out the entire season.
Team Size: Each team will have a 4 man boat and a 2 man boat every week! You can have up to 8 people signed up for your team, but you need at least 6 every week. People can rotate on during the league. You can even rotate on a weekly basis between different teammates.
Training: Your team will have a instructor who will be teaching you how to sail each and every week!
Where: Downtown Sailing Center (next to the Museum of Industry) – http://www.downtownsailing.org/
- Sail Boat and Sail Boat Captain Provided! (Over a $600 value!)
- League T-Shirts
- Bud Light Specials at participating Sponsor Bar
- End-of-Season party with FREE beer
This is a SOCIAL league so make sure to bring your team to the sponsor bar after the games for some tomfoolery!
Click on the registration links to see which location each league goes to. You’ll get to meet and party with players from many of our other sports leagues as well so get ready to meet tons of people every week!
For assistance and inquiries about scheduling, rules, and officiating, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!