Welcome to the Baltimore Social Softball League!
**New For Spring & Summer – All Softball Games Now Longer**
Baltimore Social offers CoEd & Mens Softball in Fed Hill, Hampden & Canton. You can register as a Team, Small Group, Solo or Company/Alumni Team. Shirts, Umps, equipment provided – just bring a glove! You will also have access to free beer parties and a chance to make the City Championship!
Baltimore Social Softball
- 10 v 10 – Coed & 9 vs 9 Mens
- Max. 7 males, 10 max. on the field – Coed leagues
- NO ump fees
- Roster Minimum CoEd: 15 players
- Roster Minimum Men’s: 12 players
- 6 players, 1 female minimum to start game
- Wooden bats provided only at McHenry Row
- No more than 3 males can bat in a row
- Females can bat multiple times within the batting order to have 3-1 ratio but MUST bat in order in regards to other females
**Walking a male is 2 bases ONLY if a female is behind him**
Gloves are not provided. Please bring your own
How to Sign Up
- *Minimum players for a full softball team depends on type of league.
- 10v10 Coed – 15 Player Min for Team
- 9v9 Mens – 13 Player Min for Team
- If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- *Size of small groups depends on type of basketball league
- 10v10 Coed – 2-14 Players for small group
- 9v9 Mens – 2-12 Players for small group
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
SOLO / FREE AGENT
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Baltimore!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- 10 v 10 CoEd
- Must have 6 players to play each week, minimum 1 females.
- Maximum males in play: 7
- Roster Minimum- 15 players
- 9 v 9 Men’s
- Must have 6 players to play each week
- Roster Minimum- 13 players
- League t-shirts provided to teams in unique team color week 1 of the season.
- Bud Light specials at your sponsor bar during the season.
- End-of-Season party with FREE beer for all players.
- Inclusion in other Baltimore Social player perks and activities.
This is a SOCIAL league so make sure to bring your team to the sponsor bar after the games for some tomfoolery!
Click on the registration links to see which location each league goes to. You’ll get to meet and party with players from many of our other sports leagues as well so get ready to meet tons of people every week!
- AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH GAME both teams MUST submit a written list of their batting order to the ump
- NO bunting – bunts are a foul ball (at the ref’s discretion)
- 2 fouls in an out
- Ball should be thrown between 6 ft. (min) to 12 ft. (max) measured from the ground
- ALL pitches MUST be thrown underhand
- **Walking a male is 2 bases ONLY if a female is behind him**
For complete rules, please visit Baltimore Social Softball Rules
For assistance and inquiries about scheduling, rules, and officiating, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!